Unlike many driving instructors (who would charge for any lesson cancelled with less than 48 hours notice), I have a more relaxed and pragmatic approach. However, with several lessons being cancelled this week, I thought that it would be useful to highlight my approach.
1. Illness/Family Emergency– I do not charge for lessons cancelled due to a genuine illness (that would effect your ability to drive or learn) or due to an emergency effecting an immediate family member, providing that I am advised at least one hour before the scheduled start time.
2. Other Reasons – I do not charge for lessons cancelled for any other reason (e.g. change in work shift), providing that I am advised at least 48 hours before the scheduled start time.
3. Cancellation Charges – I will apply a charge (for the full cost of the lesson cancelled) where insufficient notice has been given.
4. Repetitive Cancellations – If three or more lessons are cancelled, consideration will be given to stop providing future lessons.
5. Reliability Reward – Pupils who have had at least 25 hours of lessons with me AND have not cancelled any lessons are rewarded with a free session and free use of the car on the day of their test (valued at £50).
These conditions are detailed in Section 10 and Section 13 (iv) of my terms of business (which are agreed by pupils prior to commencing lessons).